Welcome! Join me on my journey...


Welcome to Learning Cebuano with Chris, a blog that I have created to help myself and others to learn Cebuano (also commonly known as Bisaya or Visayan). Why not learn along with me! Each week I will provide you with updates on my progress and look at different aspects of the language and culture, and highlight the different resources available for learning the language.

If you have stumbled upon this blog because you are learning the language yourself, I hope you find it useful. I’d love to hear your comments, ideas or suggestions, so feel free to join in the discussion!

I would describe myself as a beginner and the reason I want to learn Cebuano is because my partner is originally from from the Philippines (Cagayan de Oro in Northern Mindanao) and regularly speaks the language with friends and family. I’ve always wanted to learn but have found it difficult because we’re based in the UK and speak English at work and home. Hopefully week by week my skill and confidence will improve. If you're learning along with me, I'd love to hear about your progress.

Comments