Huni Huni - Excellent Website and YouTube Channel for Nursery Rhymes in Cebuano


Huni Huni Cebuano Nursery Rhymes on YouTube

So, I've mentioned Huni Huni a few times now (here, here and here). It is an educational website full of classroom resources in Cebuano. The content is aimed at very young children, and includes:
  • nursery rhymes
  • tongue twisters
  • flash cards
  • stories
  • lesson plans
  • worksheets
As I am sure you are aware, the resource that I have made the most use of, are the nursery rhymes, which are simple and fun. These can be found on the site or on their YouTube channel.
The rhymes are short and you can watch the videos with vocals or without, so you can sing them yourself karaoke style!



So, how can you make them part of your learning? One way is by listening to them on the move, or by having them playing in the background as you do something else, that way you'll find yourself repeating them and singing them to yourself.

Nursery rhymes are repetitive by nature, so hopefully you'll be humming along to them in no time!

YouTune channel for Hun Huni on a phone.


I've also found that music can be good for learning the pronunciation of words, as you are listening to the same word being pronounced in several different ways. I used to listen to French music all the time when I was studying as despite each singer's unique style the lyrics are usually intended to be clearly understood.

I hope you find the resource useful - I certainly am. It originally came to my attention in the book 'How I Learned to Speak Bisaya, and You Can, Too' by Steve Thorne. Do let me know if you come across any similar resources and I will add them to the blog!

Comments